1) I might be just beginning, I might be near the end.
Enya, Anywhere Is (from Memory of Trees), by Ratesjul
2) Just another day of searching, up and down.
Robert Johnson and Pete Knight's The King of Elfland's Daughter, Just another Day of Searching, by Ratesjul
3) And as I watch the drops of rain/weave their weary paths and die/
Kathy's Song - Simon and Gunfunkel, by mgt
4) This is the day I was born/This is the day I began
Happy Birthday from I'm Getting My Act Together And Taking it on the Road, by questingbeast49
5) I'm waiting by the doorway, but I will not linger long.
Janis Ian's From Me to You, on Between the Lines, guessed by eveninghawk
6) Seasons will pass you by./I get up, I get down.Now that it's all over and done, Now that you find, now that you're whole.
Yes ~ Close To The Edge, Album of the same name (and several others), by eveninghawk
7) Still, nonetheless, I got to say
Avenue Q soundtrack, I'm Not Wearing Underwear Today, not guessed by anybody
8) And all those who see me/are bound to believe in me/sharing the freedom I feel when I fly
John Deutchendorf Jr., THe Eagle and the Hawk, Best of John Denver, not guessed by anybody
9) Singing howdy-do and howdy-do and howdy-do again!
Steel Eye Span, One Misty, Moisty Morning on Parcel of Rogues, guessed by siderea
10) But how can we sing? Sing the Lord's Song?
On The Willows from the Godspell Soundtrack, guessed by ratesjul (different title from another album?)
11) When your lover says goodbye/ says cheri, we're through/there can be but one reply:/toodeloo.
When Your Lover Says Goodbye from the Coco Soundtrack (which has been released on CD to my shock!), unguessed
12) How can the light that burned so brightly/suddenly burn so pale
Art Garfunkel, Bright Eyes, from the Watership Down sountrack, guessed by mangostar
13) This is boring, it must be my part. It took me two seconds to learn it by heart.
Technical Difficulties, Technical Difficulties Part III (to the tune of Pachelbel's Canon), unguessed
14) Ubi sunt Porci quoquomodo?
Sandra Boynton's Grunt: Pigorian Chant, Old McDonald's part, guessed by anonymous
15) But when the moons are high and the wind is roaring free/When I send my silent call/Wild horses come to me
Julia Ecklar, Horsetamer's Daughter, on the tape (or CD) of the same name, guessed by siderea
16) There's no need to see flowers any other way than the way they always have been seen!
Harry Chapin's Flowers are Red, from Legends of the Lost & Found, guessed by ratesjul
17) Hey now who really cares/Hey won’t somebody listen/Let me say what’s been on my mind/Can I bring it out to you/I need someone to talk to/And no one else would spare me the time
Hey Now, Who Really cares?, theme from t.v. show Matt Lincoln, guessed by ratesjul
18) Well, time and tears went by and I collected dust./For there were many things I didn't know.
Creedence Clearwater Revival ~ Someday Never Comes, on the Best of CCR, among others. Guessed by eveninghawk
19) You better go home, son, and make up your mind!
Lovin' Spoonful, Did You Ever Have to Finally Decide?, Best of..., deduced by mgt
20) We are living in the great Big Dipper/We are washed by the very same rain
Pat Humphries, Swimming to the Other Side (I only have the mp3), reported by ratesjul
21) Inside your heart where love is,/that's where you've got to make yourself/…..at home.
Sally Fingerette's Home is Where the Heart Is, on Unraveled. ratesjul got this one too.
22) Jeder war ein grosser Krieger/Hielten sich fuer Captain Kirk/Das gab ein grosses Feuerwerk
Nena's 99 (Neun und Neunzig) Luftballoon,from her self titled album released in English in the US as 99 Red Balloons. Anonymous got this one, too.
23) You've got to be taught to be afraid/Of people whose eyes are oddly made/And people whose skin is a different shade/You've got to be carefully taught.
You've got to be taught, from the South Pacific Soundtrack (the OLD one, not that new thing!) questingbeast49 recognized this one.
24) Laugh and laugh, the whole day through and half the summer night.
Dona, Dona, which was recorded by Donovan and the Chad Mitchell Trio - I probably learned it at the Jewish Community Center, pre-kindergarten, because I have no memory of learning it or hearing it - merely knowing it. ratesjul and questingbeast49 were familiar with it.
25) Tempers in the air, I'm told to slow down, ease back/By the fire feel free, feel free
Jon Anderson's Take Your Time, from Song of Seven. eveninghawk had the right artist and album, but thought it was For You, For Me. mgt had the artist.
But nobody took a shot at a and b!
I have my suspicions about anonymous. And... should I do another one? (I know how ratesjul votes on this!)